liberty and linen

As promised yesterday I am sharing images of the final stages of my diary covers.

Above is the finished product from the front, below is the inside view

On the whole I am fairly pleased with the finished result; I am always happy with a Liberty and linen fabric combination!

I used the tutorial from http://bloomandblossom.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/journal-cover-tutorial.html.

I found the instructions and images very clear and easy to follow…although I was very slow!

The only thing I changed was the seam allowances; I just find it so difficult to sew .25 inch (6mm) seam so I increased it to .5 inches (12mm)

I am certainly going to have to speed up (hugely) if I am to make 38 of these.

I guess setting up a ‘production line’ would be the best option, and making a template so that I do not have to measure everything 38 times!

I am also thinking of making the covers in one piece and adding a fabric embellishment to the front, rather than this construction which uses two pieces of linen and one piece of cotton. This would save time and would also be more forgiving of errors!

I hope my very important person likes them; I delivered them to his office today…time will tell!

Tomorrow is the third session of the remakery sewing club. We will be making needle books…I am determined to take some photos this week, I haven’t found time in the last two sessions.

Advertisements

One comment on “liberty and linen

  1. Love this… So pretty!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s