I love, love, love pinterest!
I am not alone….
- Pinterest is now the 3rd most popular social network in the U.S. in terms of traffic. (Experian)
- As of February 2012, Pinterest had accumulated 10.4 million users. (AppData)
- 80% of Pinterest’s users are female. (comScore)
- With over 11 million unique monthly visitors (and counting), Pinterest became the fastest standalone website to eclipse the 10 million per month mark ever.
- Etsy is the top site in terms of “source domains.” (Source domains are the sites that content on Pinterest links to externally.) Google is second, followed by Flickr, Tumblr, and WeHeartit.com (RJMetrics)
Why do I love pinterest?
Number one for me is that I can use it with absolute total ease! I am a Facebook and Twitter virgin; I looked at them both last night and thought I could set up a Facebook account. I admitted defeat…I acknowledge this must be a problem with me…millions of others manage! I have parked it for now!
Secondly, pinterest gives me immediate visual accessibility. A guaranteed quick fix when the day is long and I need to be lost in another world!
Closely linked to both of the above is the speedy rapport I feel with the pinner ( particularly from the original source). I could spend years ( I think I have!) tracking down blogs and bloggers that engage me. Pinterest has made that job so much easier for me, and for that I am truly grateful.
My most recent discovery was the beautiful http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk/.
A girl crush as they say! I found Claire ( author of hearthandmade) via pinterest and drank in the loveliness of her boards; I followed them all (one click!).
I followed through to her blog and felt ‘at home’ immediately. Not just the content of the very inspiring blog, but the warmth and genuineness that pervaded Claire’s comments section ( I always read the comments to gain an insight into the blogger’s personality!). I commented and she graciously replied. I am a fan!
Thank-you for reading.